Sunday, May 31, 2009

Update

It's been a while. My internet is stuffing up all the time and so it is very rare that it ever works, just on the off chance.

Blood Donor has pretty much been put on hold whilst I do edits for pirates. I never actually realised how big a job it was going to be to edit Pirates, my writing style has changed a whole lot since last September when I began writing the book. I have a different vision for the entire story and there is a lot of tightening to be done to the sentences. Right now I am working through chapter by chapter, just trying to get it all done it's slow progress, but it's coming together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're ok Lyra. Sorry to hear about lousy internet connection though. Good luck with Pirates edits, I imagine with all the things you've learned from HTTS it should be much tighter now :)

Anonymous said...

In what ways has your writing style changed?

Sorry to hear about your internet connection. I hate it when mine does that. Fits of rage I tells ya. Fits of rage

Wolo

Blackfire said...

My internet is now back up and running like it should be, hopefully it won't stuff up again.

My writing style has become way more to the point. I have cut out a lot of the babbling that was once in my writing. It's very specific and to the point now, which really seems to help with the scenes.

I'm having a whole heap of trouble with the editing of Pirates, but I just have to do it. I really have to finish this book so I can get it out there. Otherwise I will never be a published writer, which is what I so desperately want. And I still think that Pirates has a lot of potential.