Thursday, February 18, 2010

Word Counts and Rose Garden

I have always aimed for a word count with my writing. eg. 100,000. Yesterday as I was cruising the net, I come across a very useful page. On that page they were talking about how some stories are not meant to be novels and others are meant to be long. They made the point of just simply writing the story until it was finished. This really changed my outlook on a novel. It always worried me if my novel was less than my goal, when really it shouldn't worry me at all!

Anyhoo, this also made me think about my word length for Rose Garden. It easily makes 100k. But now it is just a question of where it is going to stop. I'm no longer going to focus on the length of the novel. Rather I am going to look at how many scenes I have 'planned' until the finish. So 15 scenes to go... at the moment... seeing as my muse is throwing four new scenes at me for every scene that I write, I could end up with a lot more scenes! lol Though I really am hoping to finish Rose Garden soon! Here's to hoping! ^^

No comments: