Thursday, April 2, 2009

BD Day 2

Things are going pretty well for this story so far. I'm enjoying writing it, and I'm only three scenes into the entire novel. Though my scenes are far longer than what I planned them to be, so it looks as though I won't need as many.

I never realised how much I really love the flexibility of a bare bones outline. For some reason that always scared me before, but now I can really see how great it is. After writing the first scene in my outline, I was able to see that the second scene really didn't fit just there. So I added in another scene and brought in one of the other main characters, which will bring in some connections. It excites me that I have so much freedom to work with for this novel.

Anyways, the word count so far is 2,880. Pretty good start. Well at least I think so, lol. ^^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a great start, way better than I'm doing. ;) Great work Lyra!

Anonymous said...

Good start. Much better than me as well!

Keep it up! :)