Wednesday, May 14, 2008

WIP Update

I brought out my copy of Holly Lisle's Plot Clinic on the weekend, and have been slowly working through it for a new story that I am writing. So Far, so good!

I also found out how strange I really am this weekend, the reason being that I have a strange love for stationary. Yes people look at me strange when I say that I want to work in a stationary shop. I'd probably scare the customers away, lol. But seriously, I love buying a new note book. I bought one on the weekend, and I have been jotting notes down here and there for my current WIP. I also bought a new pen to write with.

I started 2YN with a notebook, but it is too small, so I scraped it, I really should have bought a slightly larger one so that I could keep a hard copy of random things, then I would probably work on it a lot more as well, seeing as I always take notebooks everywhere, and my bag is always stocked with pens.

Actually, the next thing that I have to add to my growing list of writing supplies and technologies is a PDA, so if anyone knows any nice models, ones that I can most hopefully afford lol, I would be grateful for any suggestions. Somehow I just think that walking around with a PDA will be far more easier then walking around with a stack of notebooks, much easier to store in my bag.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Hell if I could afford a PDA I'd have one now. Hah, and oddly I think most writers have a thing for new writting goodies like stationary, notebooks and pens....well...I prefer pencils but that's just me. :P

Pauleen said...

PDA's are getting more afordable every moment, just like all technology stuff. I can't see myself writing on one, and since I barely can manage my writing documents on the computer, I feel using a PDA would only add to the chaos.
I still want to know your experiences, though, when you decide to buy one.

Blackfire said...

@ Soleil -- Yeah I guess your right. i really do love the thought of a new story every time I open up a new notebook. Though it really annoys me if I forget to take it somewhere and I find that I'm in need of it.

@Pauleen -- I think that it may take a while to adjust to and your right they are becoming more affordable everyday. I'm one of the least organised people with everything other then my computer, I always have my files neatly stored with every thing. I have folders telling me exactly where things are, so I think that I PDA, for me, would be not so much different to a computer, but hey I could be wrong lol. I don't think that I will have one any time soon, I have to save some money and that could take me a whiel.

Morgan Jane said...

hey there sunshine. as i mentioned to you earlier, i would ask what a WIP is but now i know so that question remains invalid.
but as for the writer side of me, i'll stick to writing music, its a little easier in my opinion....

Blackfire said...

Well, I don't share your view, lol. I could not write a song even if it killed me. I seem to get stuck, I think its because I can't see the story.

Oh, I wrote a scene of my new story this arvo, came out just a bit over 2,000 words, I am very happy because that was my goal for scene size and I made it easily!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a PDA because then you can use it while standing in the checkout line and people will think your texting or something and not writing about them.

I also like stationary and am very particular about the feel of pens. Some give you callouses.

Hanesya from FM and 2YN

Blackfire said...

Lol, too true. I am heaps picky when it comes to pens and stuff. My Mother often pays me out. She says that normal seventeen year old girls usually go shopping for pretty clothes, but I go shopping for stationary. She also tells me it is very easy to buy birthday presents for me. She only has to buy me a pen and notebook and I'm happy, lol.

I also like the idea of being able to write into a pda and not look like some sort of stalker. Especially when you stare at people before writing into a notebook, people tend to think that you're strange at these times, lol.

Jana Lubina said...

I freaking love stationary too! I've made my own paper in the past and bound books for personal projects and everytime I'm in a big bookstore, I have to look at the stationary section.

Buying a new one is an agonizing choice.

I just read that back to myself, and it sounds kinda crazy, but I'm sticking with it.