Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekly summary.

This week was a good week, I got 15,000 words in writing done, which is very good considering that I have school as well at the moment. I started the may story a day challenge, that is awesome, though not as easy as I thought it would be. In other news I finished my story! Now I have to find something else to write about, but Holly Lisle's page turning scenes comes out this week so I can't wait to buy it! I even have the money saved up to get it.

Oh, and I also have the money saved up to buy SuperNoteCard, by Mindola. This is an absolutely awesome outline program that really works for me. I have the trial version, but have been meaning to buy it for so long, I just had to save up the money first. But I was supposed to be buying this website software that I thought would be great for my school project. Turns out I read the wrong information and got the prices wrong, it is way more than I want to pay seeing as I own dreamweaver MX and can do the same thing in it. The only problem is I fiddle when I use dreamweaver. But hey, it means that I can finally get a riggle on and buy that software that I have been meaning to buy for months now. Since last year to be correct, lol.

My 2YN project is coming along swell. I really love the course and I am learning so much about my world, and my writing styles. I have learnt a few things about the story that I thought would be a lot different, and I can see how bad the story would have ended up had I just jumped in as per usual. This course is definitely a plus, everything is falling into place. I just hope I can come up with enough conflict to get me through seven books like I have planned. But I'm sure I will ^_^

Anyway, that's all from me this week, I've rambled enough. Have to go and get this third story out of the way, and begin some planning for other work. I have a full week of school ahead of me, so that seems like its going to be fun.... But hey what can you do? I'll end this post with a quote I picked up somewhere, which I think sums up so much in life!

-- When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters- one represents danger and the other represents opportunity.


That quote to me sums up a lot about writing, don't know if that is the same for Y'all. Anyway until next week!

8 comments:

Morgan Jane said...

WOW

i found your blog and all of it is pretty worth reading i have to say.

im not too good at commenting anything..but heres the first one...

lol

love

Blackfire said...

Lol, only you morgan. Lol. Now I can find your blog and stalk you lol, beware! I see you everyday at school, and now will comment on your blog. You will never hear the last of me!

Anonymous said...

Glad the may challenge is going well, :)

Blackfire said...

Yeah, I just got my fifth story out today. It was heaps hard for the first ones, but the last three have come out really easy.

Morgan Jane said...

IM SO SCARED. cared to the point where im shaking in my stylish yet affordable boots.

lol

Blackfire said...

lol... ur a funni one

Wologal said...

Wow Blackfire that is just awesome! congrats on your stellar word count!!

I'm so glad it's going so well for you!

Blackfire said...

Thanks Wolo! I have to admit I really surprised myself with the amount of words that I'm able to get out at once! I never would have thought I could get 15, 000 words a week. Probably because I used to just do 3000 a week. Which is all cool, but makes things seem as though they are going forever.

Also means that I can do NaNoWriMo this year, last year was my first, and I seriously nearly died doing the daily word count thing, cause I was doing that and school and trying to force myself to write each night, even though I really didn't want to all that much. But this year I am going to go by word counts. Besides I worked out that I will be finished my HSC by the time NaNo starts again. Which was really worrying me!

Oh, and I got SuperNoteCard, it is totally awesome, I love that program. Bring on the stories! I'm working the starts of a novel now!