Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Halfway through, and Dares

In the space of four weeks, I have come to the middle of my novel, and I have no inclination to stop writing until the very end! I am so happy right now, because I have figured out that all my projects are in trouble of me giving up on them in the first 10, 000 - 20 000 words, after that I get into the swing of writing the novel and just breeze through! And next week is the start of school holidays, so I will be able to write heaps more! My goal is to get 50 000 words done in the two weeks so that I can have this finished!

And once again it is July! That means that the July/August Dare on forward motion has started. I've already signed up for;
- 4 short stories in the two months
- 8000 words worldbuilding
- 30 000 word rewrite

This will allow me to finally get Selected by the Gods edited, and also opens up a whole new WIP for me to work on once I am finished beneath ice. Though I really think that I will do the sequel to Beneath ice next (second book in the element Trilogy) get that started and then I will be able to edit Beneath Ice and hopefully send it in for submission. That would be good, though I don't think it has a very strong story line at this point in time. Once I finish Beneath Ice, and start on another WIP, this can count towards the 90 000, word count dare for the two months, but first I have to finish writing Beneath Ice, so no jumping ahead for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness woman! I envy your tenacity. That is wonderful, keep up the great work!

Blackfire said...

Thank you so much for all your support as always. It should be quite easy to get most of this done over the holidays. I'm aiming for about 5000 words a day, which isn't really all that much more then what I do now.