Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Editing so far...

I've got to Chapter 4 in Poison. I love the story line, but I hate the way that I've written it. I can see so many ways to better the sentences, and even expand on the scenes. A lot of it is just useless drabble, and I have told not shown a lot of the time. It's more like an extremely comprehensive outline of each scene, showing every move. But that is easily fixed. I can also see places where I have dropped subplots, and where I can change things to make the beginning of the story more exciting. For some reason I always have boring beginnings in first draft. Oh well, that's what second draft is for ^^

Right now I'm loving the editing process. Poison is so much easier to edit than Beneath Ice, probably because it is actually coherent, and Beneath Ice will pretty much have to be re-written from scratch. That is going to be a big job.

Anyways, 4 chapters down -- 8 to go. Well at least in the first pass of editing.

No comments: