Monday, March 30, 2009

Poison First Edit Phase

I finally finished the first Phase of editing for Poison. Now I have to redo an outline and then begin on the second draft. I think I'm up to the fun part now ^_^.

Again I have found out more about my own personal ways of doing things through editing Poison. When I'm writing first draft, I have to finish a whole scene, rather than trying to get a certain word count. When I'm editing I have to give myself a certain amount of time to do so. Like an hour. I get more done that way.

Anyways, tomorrow is a new day, and I can begin on the Edit outline. And then on April 1st I begin on the first Draft of Blood Donor, which has me really excited. Though I haven't done much with the outline. Which reminds me, I really should catch up on both my HTTS Assignments and my 2Yn Assignments. I'm really getting behind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing your first pass edits on Poison! :) And only a few more days till the 1st, so you can start on Blood Donor. I kinda adopted your date to start on Dirge for the fourth and last time. So, I'll be cheering you on.

Say, where did you get the new word meter from, if I may ask? Been looking for a new on since Zokutou has been on the fritz.

Blackfire said...

Yay! April 1st is tomorrow, it seems like such a good time to begin on a new novel. I am no where near finished my outline, but I am just going to play it by ear at the moment. Hopefully everything will go dandy.

Out of the 70,000 words of Poison I have only kept 25,000 so I have my work cut out for me. But the novel will be so much better when I finish. I have learnt so much since I began writing it. lol ^^

The site that I got the word meters from is http://honorless.net/progressbar.htm they are very hard to come by, lol.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, I'm much more excited about my WIP than I have ever been, and I know most of that has to do with Holly's techniques.

I'm sure Posion will be wonderful when it's done and you can count me in for beta-reading when you have the need for it. :)

Oh, I know! I spent hours looking for new word counters when Zokutou started to freak out. Thank you so much for the link.