Monday, April 21, 2008

Story update

I've done heaps of writing today! I am very satisfied with my progress, I reached a total of 3142 words, which means I am half way to completing my weekly goal, looks as though I will go passed it this week, but I am on holidays so I have a lot more time on my hands.

Also I think that I got my outline right this time! Usually I just leave it on index cards which get filed away and never looked at again, but after I got the story together, this time I typed it up onto a template. This is a lot of work, but it means that it is a double check for my plot and it seems to make me less inclined to throw the story into the cupboard and never look at it again, strange I know, but it works! I also changed a few of my writing techniques. I just purchased and read the way of the Cheetah by Lynn Viehl and I have really been finding the writing progress easy! And a whole lot of fun!

Enough rambling from me, I have to go backup now, cause my computer is being a pain in the rear and deciding to stuff up a bit, so I refuse to risk all the hard work that I've done today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work Blackfire. :) Congrats on going over your weekly word count!

Blackfire said...

Hehe, and I have to work tomorrow so that means I will have plenty of time to do some more in the morning before I go to work, which means I will probably end up going way over my word count for this week, which is very good. Means that I am closer to finishing, then editing.