Friday, April 25, 2008

Why I love writing!

This week I have been able to remember why I love writing so much! I have completed nearly 15,000 words since Monday, that is a huge achievement for me in a single week so I am happy. I think my muse is happy too. Before I began on this story, and completed the short story before it, I was having trouble getting myself to sit down and write, I was procrastinating alot! I think my muse was angry cause I wasn't completing any of my work. But after changing my outlining style and making some changes to my writing process, I have been able to bring back my love of writing. I think it also may be because I have told myself that I will finish this story that it is going to work! Also I have made weekly goals instead of daily goals.

When I am at school, I can't write every single day, and so goals don't go far, but with weekly goals, I don't have to stress. I don't know why I didn't think of weekly word goals before, I always just thought that seeing a huge number would make me less inclined to write, I was wrong!

I'm back happy again, and ready to work on my current project, though my 2YN novel often comes into mind while I am daydreaming. I have come up with a few cool extra characters and once I have come up with character sheets with them, it will be all cool! Cause they certainly put a twist onto the story, especially when I have figured out who my two shapechanger archetypes are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous, Blackfire! Can't wait to see these new characters in the 2YN thread. And awesome that your weekly word count is working effectively and keeping you happy. Congrats! ^_^

Blackfire said...

Thank you very much as always Soleil! I will be updating my new discoveries tomorrow!

As for the word count, that is going great, but I also think that having people such as yourself and wolo comment on my blog and talk to me about what you are up to, really helps to motivate me, gets me excited, you know?

Oh and also Holly Lisle's new e-book should be out very soon! I can't wait until it comes, I will be sooo buying it!!! Especially since its page turning scenes, I could really use it ^_^