Thursday, November 6, 2008

Writing Journal

I use Liquid story binder XE to write, and I must say it's a fabulous program, one which I would be completely lost without.

One of the updates to Liquid Story binder, made journals available for the books that you are writing. Since then I have been contemplating if I want to use one or not. It was actually Soleil who triggered the thought in my mind that it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Seeing her posts everyday for NaNo, which say her goal, and her current word count as well as giving a small snippet, gave me the idea that keeping such things in a journal for each book, plus writing down what I liked, didn't like, time it took, what frustrated me, if the words came easy etc, would be a really good idea for each book, it could keep the motivation happening and make me more eager to write. I think I may just have to try it :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have drooled over that program! *g* Is it everything I ever dreamed? It certainly LOOKS fabulous!

And that does sound like a good idea. On of the reasons I'm blogging about my NaNo experience is simply because it keeps me held accountable but I've found that it is pretty good for releasing the tension I usually have when "starting". Also, it feels damn good when I do in fact reach my word count, so I brag. *laughs*

But keeping a private journal for yourself would be just as good if not better. For instance, you'll feel less inhibited, no one else needs to see your notes so you can say whatever you like without the worry of having to explain it to someone who isn't you. :) I hope you do give it a try and that it works well for you!

Blackfire said...

Liquid story binder is seriously the best program that I have ever bought. I love it, and have written quite a few books in it. Sets everything up very well and keeps all my notes organised.

I started on the journal thing, and it was good because I found myself jotting down ideas I had for the next few books, and things I didn't like about the story so far. I also found that I added a scene I wrote, and put down some notes on how I would like to change it in the editing phase, just to add in some more detail. It is working very well so far. :D