Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Middle comes to an End

Finally I have finished the middle of Pirates of Hcallaec, and am on to the End. Now I just have to let things escalate in the final battle, resolve everything, and tie up all the lose ends. This is the fun bit, where all the tension is coming in!

Once this novel is complete, I can finish my NaNo novel, which will hopefully by finished in time for NaNoEdMo. Though it's no big deal if it isn't, I've still got Beneath Ice that I could work on if I have nothing else this march. (Shudders at the thought of going through the pile of slush that is Beneath Ice)

Tomorrow I plan on getting hooked into the next two chapters, Chapter 29 and 30. I will leave Thursday and Sunday open to do more than just a few scenes, and that means that hopefully, if every thing goes according to plan, I will be finished this novel by the end of next week. Which will be good because that gives me time for everything else! ^^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're making great progress Lyra, I for one cannot wait to see Pirates completed. :)

Blackfire said...

Me too! It will be both really cool, and a little sad, to finish it. Cool because it's such a big project and I don't want my muse to falter again. It's already happened twice, and I'm so close to the end, that it would suck for it to happen now. Sad because then I have to put that story away, and I do so love the characters very much. ^^ They're really fun. Good thing I still have two more books with them.

At least once I'm finished this novel, which still has about 45,000 words left to it, easy enough to complete if I just go steady this week, I can then finish Poison which is like one or two chapters away from being finished, so it's close. Then I will have a clean slate. It's really been stressing me to have two works going at the same time. But it was worth joining in on NaNo ^^