Monday, January 5, 2009

My New Years Resolution

I know it's late, but I thought I would post it anyway. I hope to achieve everything on my list this year. ^_^

  1. Finish the 2Yn course and find an agent for Pirates of Hcallaec.

  2. Finish First Draft, second draft, and final edits for Poison

  3. Plan out Irvine's story.

  4. Plan and write novel for NaNo `09

  5. Get 500,000 words for WriYe `09

  6. Complete TBR List
    • A Darkness Forged in Fire ~ Chris Evans
    • My Sister's Keeper ~ Jodi Picoult
    • Harshini ~ Jennifer Fallon
    • Curse of the Mistwraithe ~ Janny Wurts
    • First King of Shannara ~ Terry Brooks
    • Tower of Ravens ~ Kate Forsythe
    • Odalisque ~ Fiona McIntosh
    • Fool's Errand ~ Robin Hobb
    • Shapeshifter's Song ~ Jennifer Roberson
    • Ring of the Slave Prince ~ Bjarne Reuter
    • Eclipse ~ Stephanie Meyer

  7. Lose 5Kg throughout the year.

  8. Sell at least one piece of writing; either short story or novel.

  9. Change to more healthy eating patterns

  10. Exercise at least 4 times a week (Preferably horse riding in order to both improve myself and the performance of my horse Ozzie.)

  11. Begin Planning Book Two (The Dead Isles) of the War of Meadeit Trilogy.

  12. Get ready and be prepared for Uni in 2010.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all your goals Lyra. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed specifically about the agent for Pirates. ;)

(Ozzie, how cute! Lucky thing you are that you get to ride horses. :) good luck to both of you in improving!)

Blackfire said...

Thankyou I really am going to try hard to get an agent for Pirates of Hcallaec. I really love the story line and I can see it going somewhere. ^^

Ozzie is without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to me. I can seriously say that he's my best friend. (Sounds a little sad, but I'm sure anyone who's ever owned a horse would understand ^^)

Anonymous said...

*g* I have cats, I understand. Granted, I think you probably get a lot more companionship out of a horse than a cat when it's being snooty, but I get the mentality.

Blackfire said...

Hehe, I don't think there's much of a difference. If I go on holidays and don't see Oz for a while he ignores me. He get's really snooty as well and even if I have apples for him he pretends like I'm not beside him. If I go out there everyday he comes to the gate to greet me. He doesn't like to be ignored, lol. Not that he ever is, there is always someone out there with him. ^^ So I think it is the same with any animal.