Monday, February 23, 2009

Blood Donor

My Muse came a knocking today. This particular story was spurred on by a bit of material that I found the other week. Now I just have to write the story. I cannot help it, I need to write it. Gosh it's been a while since I felt like that (Since I first started planning for Pirates). The story is coming together nicely.

All I have to do is a little bit of Worldbuilding, though it will be set in Australia, either Melbourne or Sydney. Then I have to flesh out a few of my characters, and plot the novel. Then I can begin. I don't think it is going to take me all that long, considering that things are jumping into my head so fast at the moment.

Here's the snippet that inspired me on this novel. I wrote it at the start of last year, so I hadn't seen it for a while;

In my life, genes are what differentiate between the needed and the wanted. I fall under the needed category.

I was genetically modified with the consent of my parents, who resorted to IVF when they were unable to conceive. Of course they don't know their daughter is a genetically modified human, or GMH as I call it.

I know, makes me sound like a food. In some ways that is exactly what I am, but in others I am so much more.

You see I'm an invisible hero. One of those people who never get credit for what they do. You know, like the people who donate thousands of dollars under an anonymous same, to charity. Only I didn't get a choice.

I'm the Savior of two races. Because without me, and the various other GMH's out there, both races would soon become extinct. The weaker of the two being eaten off, and the stronger, well they'd eventually starve to death.

That was why GMH's were created. So that we can keep the world from falling apart. Sometimes that's harder then anyone can know, well at least that's what I think.

But how can I say no? I don't have a choice, lest I want to be the downfall of two entire races.


Soon, once I have perfected it, I will post The Sentence for this story, and also a little blurb. (I find that writing a blurb helps me to focus with the story.)

EDIT -- Finially came up with the Senetence for this story. The blurb will come next ^^

A Blood donor sets out to find the hunters and end an age-long war before they completely destroy the Vampires, who are the key to the change of seasons.

EDIT 2 -- Didn't really take me as long as I thought it would to write the blurb. Here is is now;

Found by vampires and told of her true nature, Keavy Palomo, sets out to create an alliance between hunter and vampire when the age-long war between them threatens to destroy the world.

She soon finds herself lost in a world of politics, consumed by rebellious thoughts against the Vampires, and the lover of Mirze Rios - Nemesis and tracker of the man she is donor to. Keavy finds that this new world is far too big for her, with rules that are very different from the one she was born into.

But the world is depending on her, because without the vampires, there is no change in seasons, and without the hunters there is no passion. Both races must survive if the world is to stay alive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE the concept Lyra. Wicked idea! I'm going to enjoy seeing your progress on this. ;)

Blackfire said...

Ah, thankyou Soleil. This idea just kind of hit me, and now I just can't stop building on it. It is very clear in my mind. Kind of like how pirates was once I got on the right track.

(The second time I started the outline, not the first, lol. If you remember all the trouble I had with that.)

It's definitely going to be interesting to say the least. I've never written a Vampire novel before, but this one is just bugging me, and has lifted off far better than Irvine's story ever did.

I will finish that story one day. But right now it's just not quite ready. ^^