Monday, February 16, 2009

Update

So I've gone through 22 chapters of Beneath Ice so far, and I felt my concentrations beginning to deteriorate, so I wrote myself up a schedule, which is what I do when I begin to get lazy on things. That means by this Sunday I will have it all done, and it will be ready to go through and create an outline so that I can begin writing it. I am just going to treat it like a new book. The title will probably change as well, seeing as the main character is now Lakin rather than Krindel.

I began the writing progress again. I started on my little, 5000 word short story. So far the first scene has been written, so it will begin to come together now as well. I'm going to try and get this one finished by the end of this month. After all, it is only very small. I should be able to get it done in a matter of a few days, but it won't hurt to pace myself.

As for reading, I think that I am going to have to go back through Techniques of the selling Writer, By Dwight Swain. I started reading it again the other night, and it really amazes me how many things I missed, or forgot about. This would be about the fourth time I've read it aswell. It's just such a good book. I love it so much, and I find that every time I read it, my writing improves a little as well. I guess my writing style is fairly close to what he describes.

No comments: