Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pen Name?

When I began writing Pirates of Hcallaec and started getting serious about being published I decided that I would use a pseudonym instead of my real name. I decided I would use Lyra Callaghan, rather than Michelle Roger.

Since finishing my book, and spreading the good cheer, the one question friends and family have been asking is; Are you going to write using your name?

To tell the truth I have no idea. I really wanted to use Lyra as my writing name, but now I'm just not sure. Seeing Michelle Roger on the cover of Pirates of Hcallaec (I'm determined to get it published no matter how long it takes or how many times I have to rewrite it) I think will be a real satisfaction.

I'm so stuck? Anyone got an opinion on the idea?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone. I go back and forth with this topic all the time.

I agree that it would be intensely satisfying to see my name on the cover of something I worked that hard with. But the real question you need to ask yourself is, would you be comfortable with it?

If you are sure you would be...go for it. ;)

Blackfire said...

Thanks Soleil. It's just something that really came to me when I wrote the end. I guess because before it always seemed so far away.

I think I'm going to think on it for a while, let it sit in the back of my mind until I am ready to look for an agent. There is still a long time before that comes, and so hopefully I will have a decision by then.